Title II D – Enhancing Education Through Technology
This year Covington City Public Schools’ Title II Goals are:
- To assist every student in crossing the digital divide by ensuring that every student is technologically literate by the time the student finishes the eighth grade, regardless of the student's race, ethnicity, gender, family income, geographic location, or disability.
- To improve student academic achievement through the use of technology in all Covington City Public Schools.
- To encourage the effective integration of technology resources and systems with teacher training and curriculum development to establish research-based instructional methods that can be widely implemented as best practices by State educational agencies and local educational agencies.
- By the end of the school year, selected teachers working with remediation programs, will demonstrate increased use and integration of technology into teaching and learning to better assist students.
- Software will continue to be used to increase the keyboarding skills of students, preparing them to take the Virginia SOL tests online. Teachers will continue to be trained in using software with students and also teachers will continue to analyze reports.
- By the end of the school year, all employees will be presented with an opportunity to expand and enhance their personal technology skills by participating in the Covington City Public Schools Technology Expo and various other technology trainings and webinars throughout the year.
- By the end of the school year, all Covington City Public Schools’ instructional personnel will attend one technology in-service, that is presented beyond their contractual time, to increase their understanding and use of technology in the classroom (to include SmartBoard,Research-based instructional strategies, Unitedstreaming, iPADs, to mention a few).